Jay Deshpande, M.D.
Professor of Pediatrics and Anesthesiology
Division of Anesthesia and Pain Management
MD: University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN
Pediatrics, City of Memphis Hospitals
Anesthesia, LeBonheur Children's Medical Center
Fellowship: Pediatric Anesthesia and Critical Care
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia,
Professional Organization Memberships:
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society for Quality
- Association of University Anesthesiologists
- Sigma Xi, Honorary Research Society, Vanderbilt Chapter
- Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Society for Pediatric Anesthesia
Hays SR, Deshpande JK: Neurodevelopmental risks of pediatric
anesthesia: what do we know, and what should we do?
Curr Urol Rep. 2011 Apr;12(2):91-3.
Speroff T, Ely EW, Greevy R, Weinger MB, Talbot TR,
Wall RJ, Deshpande JK, France DJ, Nwosu S, Burgess H,
Englebright J, Williams MV, Dittus RS. Quality
improvement projects targeting health care-associated
infections: comparing Virtual Collaborative and Toolkit
approaches. J Hosp Med. 2011 May;6(5):271-8.
Deshpande, JK: Cause and effect or conjecture? A call
for consensus on defining "anesthesia-related mortality”.
Invited editorial, Anesth Analg. 2011 Jun;112(6):1440-7.