Michael L. Schmitz, M.D.
Professor of Anesthesiology
Division of Pediatric Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
M.D.: University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, 1986.
Residency: Anesthesiology, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA, 1991
Fellowship:Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia/Critical Care, The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, 1992
Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology
Professional Organization Memberships
- International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS)
- Hastings Center
- Society for Pediatric Anesthesia (SPA)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia (ASRA)
- Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists (SCA)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Arkansas Medical Society (AMS)
- Arkansas Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA)
- Society for Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia
Most Recent Publications
Bridge to cardiac transplant in children: Berlin Heart® versus extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
Imamura M, Dossey AM, Prodhan P, Schmitz ML, Frazier EA, Dyamenahalli U, Bhutta AT, Morrow WR, Jaquiss RDB.
Ann Thorac Surg 2009; 87:1894-1901.
Management of a pediatric patient on the Berlin Heart Excor® ventricular assist device with argatroban after heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
Schmitz ML, Massicotte P, Faulkner SC, Bhutta AT, Johnson CE, Seib PM, Frazier EA, Fiser WP, Imamura M, Jaquiss RDB.
ASAIO J 2008; 54(5):546-547.